- 12 ounces fresh cranberries, rinsed and patted dry
- ⅔ cup sugar substitute and ½ cup more (We use Splenda)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large egg (may use 2 egg whites)
- ½ cup almond flour (*ground whole almonds)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (pinch)
- Faux Vanilla Ice Cream Ingredients:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon no sugar added vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons whole milk ricotta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and spray a 10 inch deep dish pie pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Place the rinsed and dried cranberries into the pie pan and sprinkle with ⅔ cup sugar substitute and the chopped walnuts.
- Add the egg and remaining ½ cup sugar substitute to a bowl and whisk until frothy.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the almond flour and salt into the frothy egg mixture and pour over the cranberries; spreading the mixture out to about ½ inch from the edge of the pie pan. (A ½ inch wide ring of cranberries around the edge of the dish should still be visible.) Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until top is golden brown, remove and let cool before
- slicing into 8 wedges. Serve warm topped with a scoop of quick and easy to make “Faux” Vanilla Ice Cream and chopped walnuts if desired.
- To Make Faux Vanilla Ice Cream: With an electric mixer on high, whip the heavy cream in a bowl just until frothy and add in the sugar substitute, extract and ricotta cheese. Continue to whip on high until peaks form. Be careful not to over-whip, or cream will break. — Using a 3-ounce ice cream scoop, place 1 scoop each in a champagne glass and freeze as “faux” ice cream or serve refrigerated as a parfait
It’s a cookie, it’s a Pie, it’s a ….it’s hard to say what it is except phenomenally good and easy to make! The crispy cookie topping is to die for and the tart cranberries are a refreshingly different contrast that makes you say ‘Mmmm’! But be careful as trying to figure out just what this new taste sensation is all about can easily lead to eating about ⅔rds of a whole pie in the name of research and development; I should know!