Slow Cooked Mandarin Beef : Recipe
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 236 | Previous Points: 6 | Points Plus: 6 | Total Fat: 15 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 69 mg | Sodium: 220 mg | Carbohydrates: 10 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 6 g | Protein: 16 g
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck blade steak
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, lite, low sodium (optional Tamari or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos)
- 1 can mandarin oranges, no sugar added, drained
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon cold water
Cut steak into bite size pieces. Add to the slow cooker, steak and the remaining ingredients, except cornstarch and water. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
About 15 minutes before the end of cooking time combine cornstarch and water, stir until smooth and add to the slow cooker. Stir and continue cooking 15 minutes. Add oranges just before serving. Mandarin Beef is delicious served over brown rice or quinoa.
Posted on December 11, 2014, in Foods and tagged crock pot, health, health and wellness, health benefits, healthy recipes, mandarina beef, recipes, slow cooked, wellness. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.