Grain-Free Cashew Cookies Ingredients:
½ cup of cashews
½ cup of sunflower seeds
1 tbsp of virgin coconut oil
2 tbsps of local honey
½ tsp of vanilla
¼ tsp of cinnamon
Filtered water as needed
Grain-Free Cashew Cookies Instructions:
- Pulse nuts in a blender until they are broken down in to a flour like form
- Place coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon in a small pot and heat over low heat until fully melted and mixed.
- Mix the liquid with the nut flour and hand mix until batter forms. You may need to add one teaspoon of water at a time to make all of the flour wet and look like below. It should not be runny or thin but rather more like a paste. sure
- Either roll in balls and freeze OR place those balls on a baking sheet, flatten them down into a cookie shape, and Bake in the over at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Let cool before eating to keep from falling apart.
As always, they are grain free, gluten free, dairy free, and sweetened with raw honey. Cookies made with flour and sugar spike your blood sugar, feed yeast and bad bacteria in the body, stores as fat, and makes you crave more and more. These do not do any of that nonsense. In fact, this cookie is filled with metabolism boosting healthy fats and wonderful vitamins and minerals that will satisfy you and your sweet tooth.
- You can add cacao/cocoa if you want to make a chocolate version.
- You can also take the dough, roll it into balls and freeze them for a raw cookie dough version that also tastes amazing! Try both out when making the batter!
This is a fantastic recipe the whole family will love and enjoy. It uses a fair amount of natural sweeteners in the form of honey. It is best to get your honey from local sources as the bees take up local pollen to produce the honey and this helps prime your immune system to handle the local elements more effectively.
Anytime you consume more sugar I would recommend adding in cinnamon to improve blood sugar sensitivity. Additionally, coconut oil helps improve blood sugar regulation and reduces the inflammatory index of the cookies.