Fried Zucchini Sticks with Marinara Sauce
“Fried” Zucchini Skicks with Marinara Sauce
Prep time: 15 minutes, Cook time: 45 minutes
- 1/4 olive oil, divided
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup plain trans-free panko Japanese bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce, warmed
- 2 medium zucchini (about 12 oz total) halve crosswise and then cut lengthwise into 1 inch wedges (16 total)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Brush 17″ x 14″ jelly roll pan with 1 tablespoon of the oil (or use 2 smaller rimmed baking sheets, brushing each with 1/2 tablespoon of the oil, and switch positions of pans halfway through baking).
2. Put egg whites in shallow dish and beat lightly. In another shallow dish, mix panko, cheese, Italian seasoning, and salt.
3. Dip zucchini in egg whites, one at a time, letting excess drip off. Roll in crumbs, pressing them so they adhere. Arrange close together but not touching on prepared pan. Drizzle with remaining 3 tablespoons oil.
4. Bake without turning, 25 to 30 minutes, until zucchini is crisp and golden. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
Nutrition facts for “Fried” Zucchini Skicks with Marinara Sauce:
CALORIES – 218.2,FAT – 15.8 G,SATURATED FAT – 2.6 G,CHOLESTEROL – 3.3 MG,SODIUM – 400.8 MG,CARBOHYDRATES – 13.6 G,TOTAL SUGARS – 2.2 G,DIETARY FIBER – 2 G,PROTEIN – 6.4 G