Green Beans with Gingered Walnuts
Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup walnut halves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F.
2. Spread the canola oil in a small baking pan and place the pan in the oven. When the pan is hot, remove it and stir in the soy sauce, ginger, and garlic powder. Add the walnuts and stir to coat. Bake, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes, or until the nuts are crisp and brown. Remove the pan from the oven. Cool the nuts on a paper towel.
3. In a medium saucepan, steam the beans for about 5 minutes, or until crisptender. In a serving bowl, toss the beans with the lemon juice and oil. Add the walnuts and toss. Serve immediately.
Nutrition facts for Green Beans with Gingered Walnuts:
CALORIES – 220.9,FAT – 19.2 G,SATURATED FAT – 1.9 G,
CHOLESTEROL – 0 MG,SODIUM – 51.8 MG,CARBOHYDRATES – 11.2 G,TOTAL SUGARS – 2.2 G,DIETARY FIBER – 5.2 G,PROTEIN – 5 G