Skillet Sweet Potatoes
Prep time: 15 minutes, Cook time: 26 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (1-1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- pinch of salt
1. In a large, deep nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, about 6 minutes, or until tender. Stir in the rosemary and crushed red pepper.
2. Add the sweet potato slices and toss gently to coat with the onion mixture. Add the broth and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
Nutrition facts for Skillet Sweet Potatoes:
CALORIES – 168.6,FAT – 3.6 G,SATURATED FAT – 0.5 G,
CHOLESTEROL – 0 MG,SODIUM – 233.7 MG,CARBOHYDRATES – 32.4 G,TOTAL SUGARS – 7.8 G,DIETARY FIBER – 5 G,PROTEIN – 2.8 G