Cinnamon Fruit Oatmeal
Frozen blueberries work well in this satisfying breakfast.
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Ceylon, Vietnamese or Thai Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup irish or steel oats
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 apples, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
In a saucepan, combine water with the vanilla and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir in the oats. When the mixture starts to simmer, add the blueberries. Remove from heat when berries are heated through. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes until thick and creamy. Mix in apples, nuts, flax seeds, and raisins.
Health and Wellness Associate