Deviled Egg Nests
Deviled Eggs (Nests)
6 hard-boiled extra large organic eggs
1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
1/2 teaspoon organic lemon pepper
4 oz = 115 g full fat cream cheese
bunch of fresh organic parsley
- Cut the peeled eggs lengthwise with a sharp knife.
- Carefully remove the yolks and place them in a small bowl. Put the whites to the fridge for a while, you’ll need them soon.
- Mash the yolks with a fork and mix into a smooth paste.
- Add the salt and the lemon pepper and mix until well mixed.
- Add the cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Clean your hands properly, moisten your hands with cold water and shape the filling into round balls or egg shapes. Alternatively, you can use a chocolate mold. Press the filling firmly into the mold and put the mold to the freezer for a half an hour, or until the shapes are easy to pop out from the mold.
- Put a few sprigs of parsley on each egg white, creating “nests”.
- Place a round or egg-shaped filling on each nest. Add some tiny sprigs of parsley around the filling for more beautiful decoration.
- Serve immediately, before the parsley begins to look wilted.
|Per serving if 6 servings:
|Per serving if 12 servings:
Posted on March 4, 2015, in Foods and tagged cream cheese, deviled eggs, egg recipe, health, health and wellness, health benefits, healthy recipes, recipe, wellness. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.