Hoisin Chicken… the easy way
Hoisin Chicken… Easy way
- 1 pound skinless chicken thighs (with bone or boneless), or thighs
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (white part, roots discarded, and green
parts reserved for garnish)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons rice wine (not rice vinegar) or sherry
- ¼ cup chopped scallions (green part), for garnish
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
In a large
bowl, mix together all of the ingredients besides the chicken thighs and green
scallions. Once the sauce is fully mixed, add the chicken pieces and fully coat
with the sauce on all sides.
in a baking dish that has been thinly coated with cooking spray or olive oil.
Cook for 20-
25 minutes, uncovered, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches
165 degrees F when taking with a meat thermometer (or until chicken is cooked
baking dish from the oven and allow the chicken to rest, 10 minutes, covered
garnished with green scallions. Serve suggestions include serving with steamed
rice or quinoa and a vegetable.
Health and Wellness Associates