Many health “experts” and the media tout unfermented soy products (tofu, soymilk, soy cheese, etc.) as being good for you, but in actuality, the risk of consuming them far outweighs the benefits.
- Soy has many potent hormones that can wreak havoc with your health. Women are particularly vulnerable to soy phytoestrogens and isoflavones as they are potent goitrogens leading to impaired thyroid health, fatigue and infertility
- Additionally thousands of studies link unfermented soy to malnutrition, digestive distress, immune-system breakdown, cognitive decline, reproductive disorders, cancer and heart disease
- Ninety one percent of the soy grown in the United States is genetically engineered to impart resistance to the toxic herbicide Roundup, with which it’s heavily sprayed
- Some of the agents in soy that may cause health problems include anti-nutrients that interfere with the enzymes you need to digest protein; hemagglutinin, which causes your blood cells to clump together; and goitrogens, which can impair your thyroid function. Phytic acid, aluminum, and high levels of manganese are also often present
- You should NEVER feed your baby soy based formula-doing so gives him an equivalent of five birth control pills’ worth of estrogen every day