Philly Cheese and Chicken Sandwich
Yields: 4 servings | Serving size: 1 sandwich | Calories: 381 | Previous Points: 7 | Points Plus: 7 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 56 mg |Sodium: 329 mg | Carbohydrates: 27 g | Dietary fiber: 6g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 26 g
- 2 (1 pound) chicken breast filets, skinless, sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seed, sliced into strips
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 4 slices 2% Provolone cheese
- 4 – 4″ crusty wheat rolls
Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
Season chicken with salt, pepper and oregano. In a large skillet add oil, turn to medium-high heat, add chicken and brown on both sides. Add peppers and onions and continue cooking until tender.
Place open rolls on a cookie sheet, add cooked chicken, peppers and onions, top off with a cheese slice on each roll. Place rolls in oven and heat until cheese is melted.
Health and Wellness Associates
Posted on May 14, 2015, in Diets and Weight Loss, Foods and tagged chicken, health, health and wellness, health benefits, healthy eating, healthy recipes, philly cheese, recipe, sandwich, wellness. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.