Yields: 4 servings | Serving size: 1 sandwich | Calories: 381 | Previous Points: 7 | Points Plus: 7 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 56 mg |Sodium: 329 mg | Carbohydrates: 27 g | Dietary fiber: 6g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 26 g
- 2 (1 pound) chicken breast filets, skinless, sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seed, sliced into strips
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 4 slices 2% Provolone cheese
- 4 – 4″ crusty wheat rolls
Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
Season chicken with salt, pepper and oregano. In a large skillet add oil, turn to medium-high heat, add chicken and brown on both sides. Add peppers and onions and continue cooking until tender.
Place open rolls on a cookie sheet, add cooked chicken, peppers and onions, top off with a cheese slice on each roll. Place rolls in oven and heat until cheese is melted.
Health and Wellness Associates