Chicken, Shrimp, and Andouille Jambalaya
You’re going to love this chicken, shrimp, and andouille jambalaya recipe! It tastes amazing, and it’s diabetic-friendly!
Here’s what you need:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb andouille sausage, prepare it into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped, with juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups stock
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a large pan, brown the chicken thighs in hot oil. Brown both sides, then remove. Be sure to drain the oil.
- Mix together your andouille, onion, celery, bell pepper, thyme, oregano, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper. Cook it for about 5 minutes while continuously stirring it until the onions are cooked.
- Add rice, tomatoes with juice, and broth. Bring it to boil for about 2 minutes.
- Set the rice mixture in a baking dish and top with chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until rice and chicken are done and tender.
- Stir in your remaining ingredients including shrimp, parsley, and green onions. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes until the shrimps curl and turns golden pink.
- Serve and share!
Health and Wellness Associates