Chicken, Shrimp and Andouille Jambalaya
Chicken, Shrimp, and Andouille Jambalaya
You’re going to love this chicken, shrimp, and andouille jambalaya recipe! It tastes amazing, and it’s diabetic-friendly!
Here’s what you need:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb andouille sausage, prepare it into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped, with juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups stock
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a large pan, brown the chicken thighs in hot oil. Brown both sides, then remove. Be sure to drain the oil.
- Mix together your andouille, onion, celery, bell pepper, thyme, oregano, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper. Cook it for about 5 minutes while continuously stirring it until the onions are cooked.
- Add rice, tomatoes with juice, and broth. Bring it to boil for about 2 minutes.
- Set the rice mixture in a baking dish and top with chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until rice and chicken are done and tender.
- Stir in your remaining ingredients including shrimp, parsley, and green onions. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes until the shrimps curl and turns golden pink.
- Serve and share!
Health and Wellness Associates
Posted on October 8, 2015, in Foods and tagged andouille, chicken, diabetes, health, health and wellness, health benefits, healthy eating, healthy recipes, jambalaya, nutrition, shrimp, wellness. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.