Just hearing the word ‘pizza’ can conjure up cravings for this savory comfort food for many people. And it’s no surprise, given its widespreadpopularity.
Most people also know that pizza is far from being a healthy food. Laden down with unhealthy oils, processed cheese, gluten, fatty meats, and much more, it’s clear that pizza is low on the healthy foodsscale.
But fortunately that doesn’t mean you have to always go without. Making a pizza at home with healthy plant foods will give you the comfort and experience of pizza, without the strain on your liver and other vital organs. Not to mention your energy and waistline, which would only inhibit your healing process more?
This recipe is perfect to enjoy with friends or family, and pairs beautifully with a a big fresh salad.
Veggie Pizza (wheat & dairy free)
1 gluten-free/dairy-free pizza crust (Sami’s bakery millet/flax crust)
1 jar marinara/pizza sauce
1-2 cups thinly sliced red, yellow, &/or orange bell peppers
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup olives, chopped
1/2 red onion, sliced
4 basil leaves
1 Tbs olive oil
1/4 tsp fresh dried thyme & oregano,
pinch sea salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F & position a rack in the middle of the oven
2. Bring large skillet to meat heat, add 1 Tbs olive oil, onions, peppers, garlic, dried herbs, salt & pepper & stir. Cook until soft 10-15 minutes.
3. Top pizza crust with desired amount of marinara/pizza sauce & top with sautéed veggies
4. Place pizza either directly on oven rack or pizza stone
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes
6. Top with fresh basil & red pepper flakes, if desired
Eat & enjoy!
** Please remember to tweek each recipe for your own needs.
Feel Free to Share this with Family and Friends
Health and Wellness Associates