Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
These Cake Mix Grinch Cookies are so easy and festive they’ll be sure to put you in the holiday mood!
1 box french vanilla cake mix (I used Duncan Hines 16.5 oz)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
green food coloring, 1 drop
Confectioners (powdered) sugar for dusting
Sprinkles or candies, large heart-shaped
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In the bowl of your mixer cream together cake mix, food coloring, oil, and eggs.
- Chill the dough for 10-15 minutes.
- Drop by Tablespoon into confectioners sugar and roll into balls. **Please see NOTES**
- Place on baking sheet and press 1 large heart candy/sprinkle.
- Bake for 8 minutes until just set.
- Let cool 2 minutes on pan before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- If your cookies are spreading too thin, you can put them back into the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes after step 4.
- Some people have reported reducing the oil to 1/3 Cup. I have since tested the recipe 2 more times (once with 1/2 Cup oil, once with 1/3 Cup oil). Results were preferable using 1/2 Cup, but still fine with 1/3 Cup if that’s what you would like to do.
- My son’s class had a Grinch party at school and we whipped up these cookies in no time. For a Grinchy treat that comes together even more quickly you can pop a bag of popcorn and drizzle it with green chocolate candy melts. Sprinkle it with with heart candy sprinkles and let cool completely before enjoying.
Health and Wellness Associates
Original recipe and images © In Katrina’s Kitchen