Zucchini Pasta with Green Goddess Vinaigrette
- 8 zucchini
- 4 avocados
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, warmed to a liquid
- Sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 1/2 cup chili vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups basil
- 2 cups mint
- 4 cups pear tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, chopped
- Parmesan to taste for a garnish
1.Using a spiralizer or mandolin, turn the zucchini into pasta. If you do not have a spiralizer, you can do this with a mandolin. Salt with a little sea salt and let the “pasta” sit, so it softens.
2. Mix the all the ingredients for the Green Goddess vinaigrette — the avocados, coconut oil, chili vinegar, lime juice, and honey — with a hand blender. Season to taste.
3. Now heat the pasta with three tablespoons of the coconut oil on medium high heat. Add the garlic and cook for two minutes.
4. Mix the pasta with the Green Goddess vinaigrette and most of the basil and mint, but set some of these herbs aside. Add the mixture into a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining herbs, the pine nuts, tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese.
Picture shows two types of Zucchini, green and yellow and no tomatoes
Health and Wellness Associates