Get Beautiful Looking Skin
Get beautiful looking skin by reducing your skin allergies, wrinkles and dryness
Your skin is an amazing organ. It serves many health functions and is really important in the detoxification process. After your liver and kidneys your skin is the next in line for detoxing your system.
Why does our skin age and get wrinkles? That’s because as we grow older, the elasticity of our skin becomes lower. The skin loses moisture causing sagging and lines to appear. But luckily there are solutions to beating wrinkles.
Tips For Keeping Your Skin Healthy
- Don’t smoke – smoking makes your skin lose its lustre and is also extremely detrimental to your overall health. Smoking causes oxidative damage to the skin and antioxidants are needed to reverse the damage.
- Prolonged exposure to sun can damage your skin cells and cause wrinkles
so applying a small amount of sun cream will help. However, we need vital vitamin D to make our immune system function properly and this is only produced in the presence of sunlight. Just 15 -20 minutes a day is needed to get a sufficient dose of vitamin D. Many of my patients reported the disappearance of their skin allergies post-holiday to a tropical destination with plenty of sunlight. You might need to start taking a dose of Vitamin D, BUT, yes, a big but, there are many different kinds of vitamin D, and it needs to be taken in conjunction with other supplements. Contact us, and we can help determine the right one for you to take, and what you need to take with it.
- Try to get regular facials and skin peels– skin peels can greatly facial peels improve the skin’s surface and is carried out by a dermatologist. By removing the top layer of the skin with a chemical solution, the damaged layer of skin naturally repairs leaving smoother clean skin.
- Don’t sleep with your face buried into the pillow as this will cause your skin to be pushed inwards and wrinkle lines to appear. This will also help to prevent puffy eyes when you wake up in the morning. Also ensure you regularly change your pillow case to avoid the buildup of bacteria and dirt. Satin pillowcases do help reduce pillows, if you can keep them on the bed.
- Manage your exercise regime– exercise releases the feel-good hormones endorphins, enables good blood circulation and promotes sweat to keep your skin glowing from the inside out. Exercise also improves sleep quality due to your body requiring more rest, therefore adding to the skin’s vitality and appearance.
- Manage your stress – Stress will make you age fast. Meditation, lavender sleeping well and eating the right foods will help give you the foundations needed to manage your stress. When adrenalin and the main stress hormone cortisol is released in response to stress, this can even bring out a rash. High levels of cortisol as a result of stress can bring about cravings for greasy fast food, which is not what you want for glowing skin.
- Try to use skin creams that have a good track record. Those containing a high level of antioxidants and collagen are ones you want to aim for. Resveratrol, vitamin E and acai berry extracts are also powerful ingredients to look out for in antioxidant creams. Using an antioxidant-based cream will reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines in the skin.
- Try to use as pure ingredients as much as possible– use products with plant oils instead of petrol based oils which clog up your pores. Get into the habit of researching the ingredients that are contained in your skincare products so you know which chemicals you need to avoid. Many skincare products will do more harm than good over a long term period.
- Eat a diet high in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Try fresh vegetables avoid a
high sugar intake. Cinnamon and bilberry are high in skin friendly super antioxidants. Green vegetables, low sugar fruits and omega 3’s from fish oils are beneficial. Pomegranate oil is helpful as it helps to prevent breakdown of collagen. Eating the fresh pomegranate fruit is also high in antioxidants.
- Drink plenty of water, at least 4-5 half pint glasses a day. This helps keep you hydrated and assists in the detoxification of the system, by eliminating waste from the body and doesn’t come with a price tag. When you don’t stay properly hydrated your skin can appear dull and lifeless.
Why do we get skin allergies?
Skin allergies can be a serious and embarrassing problem for many people. It is one of the most common things I get asked about . But why do we get them? Sometimes it is very difficult to pin point the cause but in my own experience I have had some miraculous results by advising on the following:-
- Improve the digestive system – when your digestion is slow, the toxins from food can sometimes be reabsorbed back into the body and cause allergies. We can help you determine which foods you are either sensitive to, allergic and/or addicted to.
- Avoid products containing the following ingredients:
-Mineral oil, paraffin and petroleum – petroleum products coat the skin like plastic and clog up the pores so they are not able to breathe. This causes a build up in toxins which can lead to skin complications.
-Parabens – these are widely used as preservatives in the cosmetic industry and are some of the worst known carcinogenic chemicals in skincare products. Parabens interfere with your bodies’ hormone system and lead to long-term complications.
-Phenol carbolic acid – this chemical has been shown to cause an allergic response.
-Propylene glycol – this is shown to cause dermatitis in the skin
-Acrylamide (or polyacrylamide) – also a known skin irritant and at the worst has been linked to cancer.
Feel free to share with those you care about.
You can learn more about how to overcome disease and reach optimum states of health by contacting us at:
Health and Wellness Associates