- 3 oz Mushroom Pieces and Stems
- 20 oz Beef Inside Skirt Steak (Trimmed to 1/4″ Fat)
- 1/2 cup chopped Onions
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsps Canola Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter Stick
- 2 oz Red Table Wine
- 1 cup Beef Broth, Bouillon or Consommé
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream (Cultured)
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Heat oven to warm setting. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown meat in batches, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a platter and place in oven.
- Melt butter in skillet; add yellow onion and cook 3 minutes, until softened. Add mushrooms. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushroom liquid evaporates.
- Add wine; cook 5 minutes. Stir in beef broth and cook 10 minutes, until mushrooms are coated with a thick sauce. Stir in sour cream and mustard. Add meat and accumulated juices.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 2-3 minutes, until meat is heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4 Servings with 3 Carbs per serving
Health and Wellness Associates