Low Carb Asian Noodle Dish with Pork Recipe
Low-Carb Asian Noodle Dish With Pork Recipe
This low-carb noodle dish can be made with shirataki noodles or tofu noodles. Chicken can be used in place of the pork. This recipe has a passing similarity to Dan Dan Noodles.
2 12 oz packages shirataki or tofu noodles
1 lb ground pork
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup dry sherry
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon rice vinegar or cider vinegar (rice vinegar can be sugary)
1/2 teaspoon Asian chili sauce or other hot sauce
8 cloves garlic – minced, pressed, or grated
2 Tablespoons grated fresh ginger
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
l lb bean sprouts
6 green onions or scallions, chopped
1-2 Tablespoons mild oil, such as peanut or high oleic safflower oil
1) Mix ground pork, 2 Tablespoons of the soy sauce, and the sherry together, and set aside.
2) Mix the rest of the soy sauce with the peanut butter, vinegar, and hot sauce together, although with 1/4 cup water.
3) Heat skillet or wok until hot. Add peanut or other mild oil to the pan and cook pork, breaking it up into small bits as it cooks.
4) Meanwhile, rinse noodles in hot water in a colander, and cut them up into shorter pieces with kitchen or regular scissors.
(I just stick my scissors in and cut a few times.)
5) When meat is brown, add the ginger and garlic, and cook another minute or so, until fragrant.
6) Add sauce mixture and the noodles. Toss together and heat through.
7) Add bean sprouts and toss again. Sprinkle top with scallions.
Please share with family and loved ones. As always call us with your healthcare concerns and needs.
Health and Wellness Associates
Posted on August 25, 2016, in Foods, Uncategorized and tagged Asian, chicken, chinese, health, health and wellness, health benefits, healthy eating, healthy foods, healthy recipes, low carb, nutrition, pork, wellness. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.