Apple Fritter, Gluten Free, Vegan, No Processed Sugar
APPLE FRITTER (GLUTEN FREE, VEGAN, NO PROCESSED SUGAR)
• 3/4 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
• 1/4 cup coconut sugar
• 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
• 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/3 cup milk of choice
• egg replacer for one egg or one egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 cup chopped apple
• 2 cup coconut sugar
• 2 tbsp. arrowroot powder
• 1 1/2 tablespoon milk of choice
Apple Fritters Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In pan over medium heat, heat enough coconut oil to fill one inch of the pan. (I use a small pan and make the fritters one at a time in order to not waste too much oil.
3. While oil is coming to heat, mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Using a spatula, fold in apple until apples are covered with batter.
5. To test oil drop cold water into oil and oil should begin to pop when hot enough. Reduce heat to medium low.
6. Using hands, drop flattened or rounded fritter into oil and allow frying for about 3 minutes or until browned and flipping to other side.
7. Drain fritters on paper towel.
8. After all fritters are made and drained on paper towel, place in oven safe container and place in oven for 10 minutes.
9. In coffee grinder or Vitamix, powder coconut sugar and blend arrowroot powder into coconut sugar. Add milk and mix to make glaze.
10. Remove fritters from oven and when cool to touch, dip each side of fritter in glaze and return to baking pan to cool.
11. These fritters are delicious served warm.
Health and Wellness Associates
Posted on December 4, 2016, in Foods, Uncategorized and tagged gluten free, health, health and wellness, healthy cooking, healthy eating, healthy foods, healthy recipes, no processed sugars, vegan. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.