The Path to a New You, Starts in the Kitchen
The Path to a New You, Starts in the Kitchen.
Add these 21 must-eat foods to your menu.
When you’re choosing recipes to help you and your family, focus on foods that haven’t been heavily processed with artificial sweeteners, refined sugar, unhealthy fats, or excess sodium. Be especially wary of packaged products promoted as diet foods. They may be lower in calories and fat, but they’re often higher in artificial sweeteners and sodium, ingredients manufacturers add to make the product taste better and encourage you to eat more.
For the foods below, we’ve included the factors that make them smart choices as well as a healthy recipe that incorporates that ingredient. You’ll find foods that satisfy your appetite with lean protein and monounsaturated fats. We’ve also included plenty of high fiber foods on our list as well. Do you want low-calorie ingredients? You’ll find lots of those superfoods too.
- Almonds | Fiber, Monounsaturated Fat
- Apple Cider Vinegar | Lowers Blood Glucose Levels
- Avocado | Monounsaturated Fat
- Beets | Diuretic, Low Calorie
- Brussels Sprouts| Fiber, Low Calorie
- Cauliflower | Fiber, Low Calorie
- Chia Seeds | Fiber, Protein
- Chicken | Low Calorie, Protein
- Egg | Protein
- Greek Yogurt | Protein
- Green Tea | Catechins
- Kale | Fiber, Low Calorie
- Mangoes | Fiber
- Oatmeal | Fiber
- Quinoa | Fiber, Protein
- Raspberries | Fiber, Raspberry Ketones
- Salmon | Protein
- Squash | Fiber, Low Calorie
- Turkey | Protein
- Walnuts | Monounsaturated Fat
- Zucchini | Diuretic, Low Calorie
Please adjust this for your needs and for the medications you are taking, and the medical conditions you may have. Example: If you have a dairy restriction, no yogurt.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Health and Wellness Associates
Director of Personalized Health Care and Preventative Medicine
Posted on August 15, 2017, in Diets and Weight Loss, Foods, Health and Disease, Uncategorized and tagged health, health and wellness, health benefits, health foods, healthy cooking, healthy eating, healthy lifestyle, healthy living, New Start, New You. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.