Health and WEllness Associates
EHS – Telehealth
On-the-Go Breakfast Burrito
There’s no excuse to skip breakfast when you have this burrito recipe in your collection. Fluffy eggs are teamed up with high protein ham, cheese, peppers, and whole grains for a handheld meal that you can enjoy on the run. Prep the ingredients the night before and breakfast will be ready in minutes.
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 slice uncured ham, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium whole wheat tortilla
- In a small bowl whisk together egg and egg white. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chopped ham skillet and cook for one to two minutes.
- Add eggs, cheese, and pepper and cook, scrambling gently until eggs are fluffy, approximately five minutes more.
- Pile egg mixture in the center of tortilla.
- To roll: fold in the sides towards the middle, then roll up from the bottom (the part closest to you), making sure to roll completely around so that the end of the tortilla is tucked under the bottom of the burrito.
Ingredient Variations and Substitutions
In this wrap, lower fat ham takes the place of higher calorie ingredients like bacon. Look for an uncured ham such as Applegate or substitute Canadian bacon or a piece of turkey.
Use a gluten free tortilla (like a corn tortilla) for a celiac-friendly version of this recipe.
Cooking and Serving Tips
To help prevent the ingredients from leaking out of the tortilla (this is especially important if taking this meal to-go) wrap entire burrito tightly in parchment paper and cut in half; peel back the paper as you eat.
Health and Wellness Associates