Do You Have High Blood Pressure?
Eat more of this!
- In the modern diet, nitrates can be found both in nitrate-rich plant foods and in processed meats. However, while nitrates from plant foods promote nitric oxide production, processed meats trigger conversion of nitrates into carcinogenic N-nitroso compounds
- Nitrites from plants turn into beneficial nitric oxide due to the presence of antioxidants such as vitamin C and polyphenols
- Nitric oxide is a soluble gas, and while it’s a free radical, it’s also an important biological signaling molecule that supports normal endothelial function, lowers blood pressure, protects your mitochondria and more
- Plant foods high in nitrates include arugula, rhubarb, cilantro, butter leaf lettuce, spring greens, basil, beet greens, oak leaf lettuce, Swiss chard and red beets, especially fermented beets
- To further augment nitric oxide production, combine nitrate-rich plant food with probiotics
Do you need help with your high blood pressure. Do you want to try to get off your medications. Then contact us at email@example.com
Health and Wellness Associates
Dr J Jaranson