Yellow Bows of Texas : Low Fat Recipe
Deep in the heart of Texas, the locals rank this spicy masterpiece the best pasta dish this side of the Alamo!
1 lb ground turkey
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 cup chopped onion (we prefer red onion)
1 cup chopped bell pepper, any color
1 cup diced carrots
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups salsa
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
2-3 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
12 oz. bow tie pasta
Toppings as Desired: sour cream, shredded cheese, green onion
1. Cook turkey and garlic over medium heat.
2. Add onions, pepper and carrots. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes.
3. Stir in tomato sauce, salsa, beans, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain.
5. Divide pasta among shallow bowls. Cover with chili and toppings.
Notes: This makes quite a bit of food. Maybe 6 total servings. It can be cut in half, but as a chili product, it also freezes or saves for a few days pretty easily.
-People Start to Heal The Moment They Are Heard-