Itsy-Bitsy Teeny-Weeny Colored Polka-Dot Rotini Recipe
8 oz tri-color spiral pasta, uncooked (about 3 cups dry )
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1 cup light coconut milk
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 cup frozen green peas, thawed or 1 cup cooked lentils
1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup dried currant
- In a medium saucepan, combine broth, coconut milk, sugar and spices.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add rotini.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for six minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add peas, red pepper and currants.
- Simmer for 6 to 7 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed and pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and let stand for five minutes before serving.
-People Start to Heal The Moment They Are Heard-