Heart-Healthy Eggs Benedict Recipe with Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus (16 pieces)
- 1–2 teaspoons coconut or avocado oil
- ¼ tomato, sliced
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 eggs, poached
- hollandaise sauce ( recipe below)
- In a medium-size frying pan over medium heat, add coconut or avocado oil.
- Add the asparagus to the frying pan and pan fry until for tender, about 8–10 minutes.
- In a small pot, bring 2–3 cups of water to a boil.
- Once boiling, gently lower the eggs into the water and allow to boil for 3 minutes. Remove the eggs once finished and set them aside for assembly.
- Divide the asparagus on two separate plates and add sliced tomato and avocado on top.
- Add the eggs and drizzle on the hollandaise.
- Top with chives.
Eggs Benedict is one of those items that you’ll always see on a breakfast or brunch menu. It’s a breakfast classic. But, when prepared with the traditional ingredients, it can be hard on your waistline, heart, brain and digestion.
In my eggs Benedict recipe, I use immune-boosting, heart healthy, anti-inflammatory foods like avocado, asparagus and tomato. This low-carb breakfast is also high in healthy fats that are key for maintaining optimal health. So give this eggs Benedict recipe a try — you’ll never go back to the traditional dish again.
5-Minute Blender Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoon grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ tablespoon water
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter or ghee over medium-low heat.
- Add all the ingredients into a high-powered blender until well combined.
Remember we are in this together!