Although this recipe specifies tuna, feel free to use other fresh seafood, such as salmon, sea bass, snapper, scallops, or shrimp. If you like things spicy, add jalapeño seeds to your ceviche.
- 1 pound (lb) of fresh tuna, cut into half-inch dice (see note)
- 1.5 tsp of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons (tbsp) of fresh lime juice
- Black pepper
- Half a cup of coconut milk
- Half a cup of finely diced mango
- One red jalapeño, seeded and sliced thin (optional)
- One small shallot, sliced into thin rings
- One-quarter of a cup of fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- One-quarter of a cup of fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- Combine tuna and lime juice in a medium bowl and toss to thoroughly combine. Add remaining ingredients, toss to thoroughly combine, and serve.
Nutrient analysis per serving:
Calories: 250; Total fat: 12 g; Sat fat: 7 g; Trans fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 45 mg; Sodium: 770 mg; Total carbohydrate: 7 g; Dietary fiber: 1 g; Protein: 27 g
Health and Wellness Associates