Chicken Scarpariello With Sausage and Peppers Recipe
Looking for a healthier take on the classic sausage and peppers recipe? This chicken scarpariello dish has both chicken breasts and chicken sausages and is overflowing with delicious flavor. Of course, I recommend using organic, free-range chicken products, which I personally think taste better in addition to being healthier options overall.
This chicken scarpariello with sausage recipe takes less than an hour to make and can feed at least six people. It’s a perfect choice if you’re looking for a crowd-pleasing dish that only requires one pot and minimal effort. Before we dive into the how-to’s of this recipe, what is chicken scarpariello exactly?
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 chicken sausages
- 2 sweet cherry peppers, halved and de-seeded
- 1 orange pepper, sliced
- 1 cup dry white cooking wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup okra, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- In a large oven-safe pan over medium-high heat, warm avocado oil.
- Brown chicken and sausage separately and then remove when braised but not fully cooked.
- Reduce to medium heat and add garlic, peppers, mushrooms, shallots, okra, oregano, sage, salt and pepper.
- Sauté until vegetables are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add wine and broth to deglaze the pan.
- Scrape bottom of the pan with a wooden spatula to incorporate the flavors.
- Place chicken and sausage on top of the vegetables and bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.